In 2015 TTCN-3 standardization and applications continued their successful propagation in industry and research based on a very stable and mature technology. The latest TTCN-3 edition 4.7.1 from ETSI has already been endorsed by ITU-T SG17. Several new and updated standardized TTCN-3 test suites have been published, e.g. for
- Integrated broadband cable telecommunication networks (CABLE),
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); User Equipment (UE) conformance specification,
- LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC); User Equipment (UE) conformance specification,
- eCall HLAP Conformance Testing Abstract Test Suite,
- Core Network and Interoperability Testing (INT): Diameter Conformance testing for S6a, S9 and Cx/Dx interfaces, and GTPv2-C Conformance Testing for S11 Interface,
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS): Conformance test specifications for Cooperative Awareness Basic Service (CA), Decentralized Environmental Notification Basic Service (DEN) and Signal Phase And Timing (SPAT) and Map (MAP),
- Methods for Testing and Specification (MTS): TTCN-3 Conformance Test Suite for use of XML schema.
Industrial and research partners continued with updates and improvements for their TTCN-3 test automation tools: E.g. Ericsson published a free powerful version of Titan for the Eclipse community, and the MIDAS project delivered a prototype for a Cloud-based TTCN-3 test platform.
ETSI TC MTS continued the work on TTCN-3 evolution in STF 491. The actual experts team developed the draft version for the upcoming TTCN-3 edition 4.8.1 to be published in spring 2016.
All members of the Testing team from the SQC department at Fraunhofer FOKUS wish you a Happy New Year. We are looking forward to cooperate with you in 2016.